Search The Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Touring Michigan

A little view of Lake Michigan in the morning..


Hey folks. Here is a quick update on where I am at the moment. I'm on a little recruiting tour with Phil Tatum (No relation) in Michigan. Here are couple of daily updates that I have sent out- now here for your general readership's pleasure, as it were.

Update 491: Well, I'm flying up to Indianapolis this afternoon and then Phil Tatum and I are hitting the road to Michigan to do a little recruiting. I like to think that we are on the lookout for not only potentials for CMF/Globalscope, but also for the next great hip-hop duo that will sweep the nation in a way that we have not seen since Kriss Kross made us jump, jump. I could really go for being an agent in the rap industry. I could stick up for Kanye and date Beyonce for a little while, but break up when she tells me to put a ring on it.

I digress.

So the week should be interesting-- I guess a lot of the daily's will be coming from the phone.

Update 492: Morning.

Phil Tatum and I are cruising along the border between Indiana and Michigan as I type this. We are on the way to have some lunch with some folks in Kalamazoo. What a great name of a city.

So here are all of the universities that we are visiting in the next three days:

Western Michigan University

Grand Valley State.

Ferris State (Bueller? Bueller?)

Central Michigan University

Saginaw Valley State (Good Lord, that is ludicrous).

Eastern Michigan University

Univeristy of Michigan.

Michigan State.

And to round it all out: Great Lakes Christian College! (As Phil just sang: "one of these things is not like the others).

So there we have it.

Update 493: Hey Hey.

Making our way through Michigan. What a day yesterday was. At one point a campus minister thought that I was a youth group kid and that Phil was my youth minister. So, huge sucess there.

And then we found ourselves in Grand Rapids, which is the home of Rob Bell's church, Mar's Hill Bible Church. Rob Bell is a popular speaker and writer for those of the Christian persuasion. Kind of a celebrity, as embarrassing as it is to admit.

So anyway, we were looking for coffee, and so we typed it into the gps, and one of the things that came up was mar's hill. So we thought, "Why not?".

So we parked and wandered in. We went to the reception desk and the lady just stares at us.

"Can I help you?"

Phil: Remains silent.

Me: "Um. I was told there would be coffee?"

Lady: "Um. Well. There's coffee in the back. You know, for the staff. That's about it."

She thinks we're crazy.

Phil: Remains silent.

Me: "Oh. Well. Um. Do you know were we can find some?"

Lady: Basically laughing at me. She tips us off to a Panera. I think she likes me.

We left. I never had the heart to ask to see Rob. I should have demanded to see him in leui of being provided coffee, but my pride wouldn't let me.

Anyway. Those were just some of the very interesting things that happened. And I did sleep by Lake Michigan. So that was nice. Beauitful stars.

Where am I now? This place:








No comments: