Search The Blog

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Walking Across the Atlantic

Hello Friends. 

About a year ago, I sent out an email saying that I had officially lost 100 lbs.  On that very memorable morning, someone I love sent me a great poem. It is by my favorite poet, Billy Collins, and it goes like this: 


Walking across the Atlantic

I wait for the holiday crowd to clear the beach
before stepping onto the first wave.

Soon I am walking across the Atlantic
thinking about Spain,
checking for whales, waterspouts.
I feel the water holding up my shifting weight.
Tonight I will sleep on its rocking surface.

But for now I try to imagine what
this must look like to the fish below,
the bottoms of my feet appearing, disappearing.

------

Well take out that part about Spain, and replace it with England, and you basically have where I am.  

I have an incredible thing to tell you.  I have the clearance to leave for England by December 1st.  You know, leave for good. 

There are so many things that I could write and say about this, but right now I just need to let it settle and try to get my hands to stop shaking.  There has been an amazing amount of work that has gone into getting me to this place, and I do not feel qualified to take any of the credit.  The applause belongs to you, the reader, the prayer warrior, the supporter, the advocate, the mentor, the friend.  

Most of all, I really do believe in a Jesus who has a wild and wonderful will, and I really do believe that he loves us, and it is in days like today where we just have to say a big, "Thank you," because no other words will really do. 

Obviously, there will be much more to come. 

Fist pump. 
---------

Jason Tatum.
Regular Updates @ www.jasontatum.org

"Resurgam".





No comments: